Designed for patients who have been taking Gabapentin or Pregabalin to help their long term pain for more than three months, this visually striking leaflet invites them to consider:
- Am I still in pain?
- Does my pain never seem to get better?
- Has my pain lasted more than three months?
- Do I have any side effects associated with my medicines?
- Am I missing out on life?
- Would I like to find other ways to manage my pain apart from medicines?
And if their answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’ the leaflet provides a useful and accessible overview of the main issues – effectiveness, side effects, how to decide if they are right for the patient, how to go about safely reducing them and – crucially – what else, apart from opioids, can a person do to manage their persistent pain.
This resource was developed jointly by Collingwood Health Group and Live Well with Pain, with support from North Tyneside CCG.