This five page A4 handout is based on the book An Introduction to Living Well with Pain, by Frances Cole.
The book’s ‘ten footsteps’ are:
- Footstep 1: What do we know about persistent pain?
- Footstep 2: Acceptance
- Footstep 3: Pacing every day for better times
- Footstep 4: Set goals, action plans and rewards
- Footstep 5: Getting fit and staying active
- Footstep 6: Managing moods
- Footstep 7: Sleep well more often
- Footstep 8: Healthy eating, managing relationships and work
- Footstep 9: Relaxation and mindfulness
- Footstep 10: Managing setbacks
The footsteps are summarised in an easily digestible format for your patient, with key messages and tips for each step.
Download Ten Footsteps
No clinician feedback has been submitted yet – be the first to tell us about your experience of using this resource …
Add your feedback
While you’re here
Live Well with Pain is a free resource, developed by clinicians who have given their time and expertise freely to support best practice in pain self management.
Maintaining and developing the website takes time and money. If everyone who finds it useful helps to support it, the future for Live Well with Pain will be secure.
Donating only takes a moment, and even a small amount will help ensure Live Well with Pain continues to develop as a valued, free source of knowledge, skills and tools by and for clinicians working with persistent pain.