This five page A4 handout is based on the book An Introduction to Living Well with Pain, by Frances Cole.
The book’s ‘ten footsteps’ are:
- Footstep 1: What do we know about persistent pain?
- Footstep 2: Acceptance
- Footstep 3: Pacing every day for better times
- Footstep 4: Set goals, action plans and rewards
- Footstep 5: Getting fit and staying active
- Footstep 6: Managing moods
- Footstep 7: Sleep well more often
- Footstep 8: Healthy eating, managing relationships and work
- Footstep 9: Relaxation and mindfulness
- Footstep 10: Managing setbacks
The footsteps are summarised in an easily digestible format for your patient, with key messages and tips for each step.