Persistent pain is like an iceberg – there’s so much more to it beneath the surface. This poster shows the impact of pain can have over time.
The impact beneath the surface is more easily changed than the pain itself. So it makes sense to focus efforts on managing the impact on you and your life. This then helps improve life, sleep, activities, relationships etc. and often helps turn down the pain itself.
How to use it
- Download and print out the A4 poster
- Look at it with your patient
- Ask you patient to circle three things that they would like to change now (they can also add any other issues that aren’t listed on the poster)
- Explore different ways that they could deal with these issues
- They can then take the poster away with them to help remind them of what they plan to tackle